X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Recovered from old forum #2659) - Favourite Butlins Competitions

25-01-04, 10:25 AM
    Pushbutton

Perhaps what the "New" Butlins needs to really freshen up its image is some NEW competitions.

If there are any budding entertainment managers out there, please submit your ideas for new competitions here, and they will be forwarded on to Bourne Leisure in due course!

25-01-04, 11:30 AM
    Pushbutton

-Who can build the best monorail competition

-Lets destory the skyline pavillion contest

25-01-04, 11:59 PM
    Tannoy

How about:
    Hide and seek the entertainment contest.
    Spot the talented Redcoat competition.
    Guess the route of the old chairlift.
    The Butlin quiz - guess whether its a smoking or non-smoking venue.
    The 'How many caravans can you get on one site' challenge.
    Scrapheap challenge - sorry that's not new - they already did that at Filey, Clacton etc.
    And of course 'It's a knockout' (for anything to do with 'old' Butlins that is).

Don't forget campers, meet your friends the Redcoats for a tour of your holiday carparks!

10-01-07, 07:23 PM
    Blinking Owl

Quote Originally Posted by Tannoy View Post
    How about:
    Scrapheap challenge - sorry that's not new - they already did that at Filey, Clacton etc.
    And of course 'It's a knockout' (for anything to do with 'old' Butlins that is).

Don't forget campers, meet your friends the Redcoats for a tour of your holiday carparks!
    Where are you Tannoy? One of the original members on here. Always made entertaining posts. I particulary like the Tour of the carparks.

12-01-07, 08:48 PM
    cazza

I totaly agree with Butlinsbabe, there are far 2 meny rules and regulations now, at times this is extreem and makes the world a sad place! That made butlins all the fun comps!

12-01-07, 09:55 PM
    muriel

Competitions were all part of the fun at Butlins, I had great fun entering the fancy dress and picture of health contests as a child and the sports day races, the space hopper race being my favourite.

I think its a shame they started to phase them out by the late 80's and by the early 90's when I was an employee, most of them were gone completely and those that were left soon went completely by the wayside over the next few years.

I used to love watching the tub race as well. That was the highlight of my week on childhood holidays.

13-01-07, 10:54 AM
    Pushbutton

funny you should say that as I reckon the space hopper race was my favourite too. I actually won it a couple of times at skeggy!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
    26-01-04, 12:00 AM
    Tannoy

How about:

19-02-04, 07:39 AM
    Pushbutton

Tannoy, I'm just really interested to know, what was / is the "Scrapheap Challenge" you mentioned above? Is it something to do with the heap of old rusty funfair rides / train and monorail carraiges etc that you could see from the chairlift?

04-06-05, 01:54 PM
    Rainbow

just thought id bring back this thread, as it is to do with competition, also it was posted well over a year ago and we have had lots of new members since.

personally i used to like being involved with the fancydress comp. the kids looked great and the mam's and dads had gone to lots of trouble making costumes, did think it was harsh tho that there could only be three winners, used to end up with lots disapointed little kids.

was never keen on it's a knock out, but thats purely because i wasnt that sporty, it was great to watch.​
Working...
X