Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Recovered from old forum #12076) - Old n' New?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Recovered from old forum #12076) - Old n' New?

09-12-11, 05:50 PM
    david lythgoe

Dermot put this in an answer
    "Sir Billy was a visionary. He built his first resort in 1936. Walt Disney built first resort in 1955 - I wonder where e got the idea from? Sir Billy created the British Holiday industry as we know it and we are acutely aware that we are looking after his child. We think that he'd be proud of it today because we continue to try new things and not go back."

This got me thinking, what would Walt and Billy do today if they got together?

I think they may take a hotel, build replicas of the 'old Butlin's' Chalets, Dining Halls & Ballrooms within it. Have Redcoats roaming the corridors and putting on the old shows, giving guests the illusion of a 50's camp in a modern building.

Food for thought?

09-12-11, 06:26 PM
    daisymoo

Quote Originally Posted by david lythgoe View Post
    Dermot put this in an answer
    "Sir Billy was a visionary. He built his first resort in 1936. Walt Disney built first resort in 1955 - I wonder where e got the idea from? Sir Billy created the British Holiday industry as we know it and we are acutely aware that we are looking after his child. We think that he'd be proud of it today because we continue to try new things and not go back."

This got me thinking, what would Walt and Billy do today if they got together?

I think they may take a hotel, build replicas of the 'old Butlin's' Chalets, Dining Halls & Ballrooms within it. Have Redcoats roaming the corridors and putting on the old shows, giving guests the illusion of a 50's camp in a modern building.

Food for thought?
    Hmm that sounds like my sort of place actually!

10-12-11, 12:20 AM
    Pushbutton

Sounds nice.

I'm sure they'd be very keen to keep trying new things and offering a modern holiday experience and not necessarily going back to how things were in the old days.

However I'm also sure they'd both be extremely keen to make sure just about everything was included in the holiday price (as it was at Butlin's in Billys days and still is at Disney even now).
    Last edited by Pushbutton; 10-12-11 at 01:22 AM.​
Working...
X