Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Recovered from old forum #13771) - Rip-off Butlins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Recovered from old forum #13771) - Rip-off Butlins!

02-03-18, 09:45 PM
    KAF2

I see that there are quite a few bad reviews at the top of the Butlins Facebook and Twitter pages...
    Last edited by KAF2; 03-03-18 at 09:28 AM.

02-03-18, 09:51 PM
    KAF2

Looking at the thousands of recent Facebook and Twitter posts about the cancellations due to the weather, it seems like it is a bit of a PR disaster for Butlins - especially the darts break. The Tripadvisor reports that get published over the next few weeks should make for very interesting reading.
    Last edited by KAF2; 03-03-18 at 09:25 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to KAF2 For This Useful Post:
    04-03-18, 06:43 PM
    minehead forever

Quote Originally Posted by KAF2 View Post
    Looking at the thousands of recent Facebook and Twitter posts about the cancellations due to the weather, it seems like it is a bit of a PR disaster for Butlins - especially the darts break. The Tripadvisor reports that get published over the next few weeks should make for very interesting reading.
    Butlins are being lined up to take the flack for the darts weekend, reality seems to be that butlins wanted to cancel the darts weekend on Thursday when the somerset red weather warning was announced but Barry Hearn and the Pdc along with Itv was having non of it, Butlins took the decision to close camp on friday morning due to the severity of the snow fall, i have seen on camp pictures, and believe me, it just wasnt possible to allow thousands onto camp, the drifts in blue camp was level with the window sills.
    yes the public will be mad with butlins, but what can you do with such an act of god.

05-03-18, 08:15 AM
    KAF2

I think a similar sort of thing happened with the Skegness adult weekender, as far as I can tell? Which had nothing to do with darts. I will wait and see what the Tripadvisor reviews say about it.
    Last edited by KAF2; 05-03-18 at 09:55 AM.​
Working...
X