X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Recovered from old forum #2689) - Things that look like Butlins

26-02-04, 10:46 AM
    Pushbutton

Have you seen something (or a photo of something) that looks like it's from Butlins, but isn't? Or a place that has some similarities to Butlins?

Alternatively have you located something that actually is from Butlins, but is now located elsewhere?

I've already posted this in another topic, but in case you missed it, here's Porky the Paper eater in Idora Park, Ohio, USA

Idora Park was an amusement park located in Youngstown Ohio, USA.
    The park was open from 1899 till 1984. It sat abandon from 1985 till just recently when a fire in the ballroom and the tearing down of the Wild Cat and Jack Rabbit sounded the parks final end.

Below is a picture of Porky the paper eater, clearly identical to the Butlins ones.

I do not know if it was actually FROM Butlins, or just made by the same company that supplied Butlins. Very interesting either way.

I strongly recommend all campers have a look at the Idora Park site. (although a pop-up stopper will come in handy)
    http://members.tripod.com/~idorapark/idora-main.html

These people are very similar to us. They even have photos of the park in its abandoned and derilict state, and a message board (albeit not often used) where they talk about how good Idora used to be!!!

Apparently one of the ballrooms at Idora Park ended its days as "The Crazy Horse Saloon"

Now are they copying us, or we copying them, or is this one of those spooky co-incidences known as synchronicity?

I'll let you decide...​
Working...
X