Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Recovered from old forum #4220) - Barry Island Demolition site fire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Recovered from old forum #4220) - Barry Island Demolition site fire!

27-06-05, 12:28 PM
    cardiff_chick

It has been reported in the South Wales Echo that there was a fire yesterday at the Barry Island Demolition Site.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html

27-06-05, 12:52 PM
    James1

What a shame that something like this has happened so close to the end of the demolition process.

It will be interesting (though of course disappointing) to see how bad things look at the site as a result of this fire.

27-06-05, 05:21 PM
    Jintygirl

Most of us will have got an email from Rob/GBB/Whatever he's called these days about this - it seems it was a load of timber that was due for removal from the site - I don't think (from what I gathered) that is was the actual building/s that's left - GBB???

27-06-05, 05:25 PM
    discokev

Have you seen the comments which Rob has added to his site at http://www.butlinsbarryisland.com/blog/ ? Looks like we have to wait till tomorrow for pics and presumably more info?

27-06-05, 05:40 PM
    billygirl

Maybe something supernatural is happining here. Maybe Billy Butlin is expressing his wrath at what has happened, and is happening to his camp.

Or maybe someone didn't put their fag out properly!

27-06-05, 06:08 PM
    billybusdriver

Quote Originally Posted by billygirl
    Maybe something supernatural is happining here. Maybe Billy Butlin is expressing his wrath at what has happened, and is happening to his camp.

Or maybe someone didn't put their fag out properly!
    Oh yes I do like the thought of Sir Billy firing thunder bolts around, but looking back at all the vandalism/damage done to all the old camps, I am affraid poor old Billy is going to be very very busy for the next few years. HeHeHe

27-06-05, 06:36 PM
    ButlinsBarryIsland.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jintygirl
    Most of us will have got an email from Rob/GBB/Whatever he's called these days about this - it seems it was a load of timber that was due for removal from the site - I don't think (from what I gathered) that is was the actual building/s that's left - GBB???
    Hi Jinty and All,

BBI.com will do for now Jinty!

From what I can establish, the fire was in the piles of cut up timber, not in the remaining parts of the Regency Building.

I will be paying a visit to the island tomorrow for a special Demolition Update, which will include full photos and as much info as I can gather.

28-06-05, 09:43 AM
    Pushbutton

Sounds like arsonists again from the news story. The whole barryisland mess is a massive disgrace to the local council!

28-06-05, 09:56 AM
    jcmelbau

Quote Originally Posted by Jintygirl
    LOL I got an email from my Mum bless her! She is sending me the local rag that has the story!

28-06-05, 03:34 PM
    ButlinsBarryIsland.com

Todays demolition update:

http://www.butlinsbarryisland.com/demolition_280605/​
Working...
X