X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Recovered from old forum #2680) - Hotel El Greigo

19-02-04, 08:44 AM
    Pushbutton

I can find very little information on the internet about Hotel El Greigo in Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain.

I had a pretty good holiday there when I was about 12, which would have been around 1985ish.

According to
    http://www.cheapaccommodation.com/To.../3-star-hotel/
    the hotel is still there and still has the same name, but of course is no longer a Butlins Hotel.

Has anyone else been there and if so, do you have any photos?

I do have a couple but my scanner is not working at the moment. When I get a new one I will upload these, but in the meantime I would love to see or hear more about El Greigo.

My main memory was having my photo taken with a huge snake around my neck, which was a great thrill to show to my grandad, who abolutely hates snakes!

Also there was a theatre, with Push Button Click and redcoat shows just like at the camps.

Apart from that I suppose it was just like staying at any other hotel in Spain, and certainly nowhere near as good as the camps, but still it was a very different and enjoyable holiday.

24-01-10, 04:02 PM
    rocky mason
    Default El Greco, Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushbutton View Post
    I can find very little information on the internet about Hotel El Greigo in Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain.

I had a pretty good holiday there when I was about 12, which would have been around 1985ish.

According to
    http://www.cheapaccommodation.com/To.../3-star-hotel/
    the hotel is still there and still has the same name, but of course is no longer a Butlins Hotel.

Has anyone else been there and if so, do you have any photos?

I do have a couple but my scanner is not working at the moment. When I get a new one I will upload these, but in the meantime I would love to see or hear more about El Greigo.

My main memory was having my photo taken with a huge snake around my neck, which was a great thrill to show to my grandad, who abolutely hates snakes!

Also there was a theatre, with Push Button Click and redcoat shows just like at the camps.

Apart from that I suppose it was just like staying at any other hotel in Spain, and certainly nowhere near as good as the camps, but still it was a very different and enjoyable holiday.
    Hi Andy, I visited the El Greco on only one occasion and that was for a conference.But the man to speak to is Barry Britten, who was entertainment manager out there for some time. You will find him on Face Book, I know him well and he's a friendly bloke.. Regards, Rocky.​
Working...
X