Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Recovered from old forum #2609) - Everybody Clap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Recovered from old forum #2609) - Everybody Clap!

09-12-03, 10:05 AM
    Pushbutton

(Originally posted by...windypops)
    Who had their birthday at Butlins while in half board? I feel that my childhood has been somehow deprived because I didn't!

What a laugh - the Redcoat with the biggest mouth would bellow out the immortal words and then a procession would lead up to the fortunate individual who got hoisted up on the table and all of the dining hall would sing Happy Birthday to them. Even the most miserable looking fogie would put down their bacon and eggs and join in!

(Originally posted by...author)
    Yep. Belive me did I blush!

(Originally posted by...jspence73)
    hi
    rofl i remember a holiday with hubby, i kept winding him up saying he'd get a good singsong at dinner time!! redcoats started clapping he nearly ran out the door but it was for the table next to us i just laughed so much!! never seen him so panicked!! ahhhhhh but i do remember having a birthday as a child at butlins i had to stand on chair and wave arms about!! taking my little boy for his birthday next may so might embarass him hehe
    jennie

(Originally posted by...TANNOY)
    Go on do it Jennie - he'll never forgot it if you do!

By the way, does anyone remember when they used to 'spin the wheel' in the dining hall?

(Originally posted by...jspence73)
    hi
    my son will probably enjoy the attention lol. as he will be 6 on his birthday. ahhhhhhhh but revenge when they are teenagers lol.
    jennie

(Originally posted by...sniltub)
    I remember the spin the wheel in the dinning hall.
    First spin for the row number then second spin for the table number. Winning table got bottle of Champagne

(Originally posted by...onemal)
    If I remember correctly, the redcoats would try to catch the cork from the bottle in an ice bucket from some distance away, after leading a clapping trail of redcoats to the lucky winners.
    Great memories. Wonder when they stopped doing that?
    Onemal

(Originally posted by...Dean)
    I had my borthday at butlins every year for 10 years. We always had our second week at Filey on the last week of the seasin (and the first week back at school) and my birthday always fell while we were there, the 3rd september.

its scarred me for life. This year for my 39th birthday I made evryone in the office clap as i stood on my chair, and insisted that staff in the canteen drop a pile of plates while we all cheer and then come out with a cake with sparklers stuck in for me. then i got one of the office monkies to take pics and put them in little red keyring viewers.

15-12-03, 08:29 PM
    Kerry

25-04-04, 04:55 PM
    Angel84

I remember we were on holiday at Butlins minehead for my sisters 13th birthday. She was older than me and always teasing me so when mum asked me what she would like us to do on her birthday I told her that she REALLY wanted to go up on stage with Red Rollo! Oh, the embarassment! I doubt she's forgiven me yet! :P

25-04-04, 08:01 PM
    Kerry

last year we went to minehead for a football tournament for my brother who at the time for going to be 12 on that weekend but we didnt get anything like a cake ( we were in half board)or that we had to bring our own cake and they knew it was his birthday coz wen we booked it you have to give his birth date

25-04-04, 08:13 PM
    Rainbow

how the birthday thing worked when i was a redcoat was, if you where half board you had to tell the person who was incharge of the dinning rooms, i think you had to provide the cake. the dinning room staff would then let the entertainments office know that they needed a redcoat to do a birthday, it was then written on to the detail for one or a couple of the reds to go and do.

08-04-06, 10:50 AM
    discokev

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow
    how the birthday thing worked when i was a redcoat was, if you where half board you had to tell the person who was incharge of the dinning rooms, i think you had to provide the cake. the dinning room staff would then let the entertainments office know that they needed a redcoat to do a birthday, it was then written on to the detail for one or a couple of the reds to go and do.
    We did it last March for my mum's birthday. My brother organised it, he had to tell them when we'd be in the dining room and I think it cost about a tener for them to provide the cake and decorate our table with balloons, streamers and we had party poppers etc.

When we'd finished eating they came over and the bloke asked my mum quietely if she was Gillian and if she'd like to stand up or not then his voice changed from being quite to being very loud and "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE...!" for a dining room which was emptying out at that time there was alot of noise made especially by a group on another table, clearly enjoying their holiday who then felt the need to sing happy birthday at everyone in sight!!

08-04-06, 02:55 PM
    wizebuys1

yes this happend to me 2 years ago on my 40th....mum & dad turned up without us knowing .we stiched up butlins bunni in the dinning hall as it was her 14th birthday .the next day it was my birthday & guess what ....thay stiched me up as well...i wouldnt stand on a chair though

08-04-06, 09:45 PM
    James1

I have gone to Butlins on my Birthday before, but I made mum swear that she wouldn't tell them!!

09-04-06, 08:45 AM
    RedSarah

I think it was my fourteenth when I went. Was during the summer holidyas so it was busy as well. Our waiter Kevin found out, told everyone and bought me out a kids meal noddy car!! Needless to say, I was a tad embarrassed!

Second birthday I had at Butlins, my mate sat on my birthday cake!

11-04-06, 03:31 PM
    butlinsbunni

i have had many birthdays at butlins,i have uploaded a couple of pictures one when i was 7 and the other when i was 12.its so embrassing getting made to stand on the chairs, but there great memories.​
Working...
X