X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Recovered from old forum #2637) - What If Butlins Changed Its Name

24-12-03, 03:06 AM
    Pushbutton

Here's a hypothetical scenario for you. What if Butlins changed its name to, let's say, Bourne Leisure Parks.

Would YOU still want to go?

Do you think the business would prove more or less profitable?

Would there be a public protest, and if so would Bourne listen and change the name back?[/b]

24-12-03, 10:32 PM
    Tannoy

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's unthinkable - don't even go there! That would be the final nail that broke the camels back, or whatever.

Seriously folks - its the one thing those of us who appreciate 'old' Butlins (the way Butlin's should be) have left. At least we can rally our memories around the name and take comfort in the fact that a new generation of kids are making new memories of their own. I hope everyone who appreciates this site, including those who love modern Butlins, would join in a great big protest!
    Doubt it would make much difference to most people who go, though.

21-11-04, 07:07 AM #3
    Pushbutton

I was a bit disappointed this topic only attracted 1 reply, I thought it would spark a fair bit of controversy. Thought I'd give it another shot!

21-11-04, 08:15 AM
    gaietybarryboy

If they lost the brand name the companys life span would shorten considerably.

02-12-04, 08:03 PM
    butlins4ever

said it fora while,it is in the air,I never went to Haven in Ayr,would be the same if Butlins changed to Bourne,they have a brand,why not"max" it?Butlins is up there with Hienz!!and MILUPA!!??
    Marie

02-12-04, 08:07 PM
    ROSIEPOO

The chairman at Bourne what have to blow his brains out!. "That was another option you failed to add to the poll".

08-04-06, 09:34 AM
    discokev

Interesting point this, if all that changed was the name then it wouldn't stop me from going, atleast not straight away. But I'm guessing if they changed the name they would change a whole lot else too and it would all be part of some big publicity stunt.

08-04-06, 09:40 AM
    muriel
    Angry
    Never seen this topic before. I think it would be absolutely awful if Butlins changed its name. It is the unthinkable, like taking away part of its history, never mind the fact if it weren't for Billy there wouldn't be a Butlins name.

08-04-06, 09:42 AM
    Jamie

I think the name 'Butlins' is worth so much in 'goodwill' value that they would be mad to change it. All the money they've spent on marketing, Butlins over the years has become a household name.

08-04-06, 09:56 AM

There are two ways of looking at this.

1. The tradition of Butlins would be lost, people would be confused and may not go anymore thinking things had chaged a lot.

2. The snobbery associated with Butlins might go, it is after all ( my opinion anyway) that people think its a downmarket holiday, whereas Centre Parks is seen as a good , healthy, fun holiday,.

Yes ,Centre Parks charge a lot and extras for sports hire/bikes etc and no I've never been to a Centre Parks but my feeling is that people think Butlins is for " working class type" and Centre Parks " middle class type"

So maybe then Butlins or " Bourne Leisure Park" trade would go up and they would think of opening some more sites

Judith​
Working...
X